In 2010 the MDU were promoting revisions to the discretionary basis of the scheme saying “You are not allowed to insure your house or your car with discretionary indemnity and it is unthinkable that discretionary indemnity remains acceptable for clinical negligence.” However shortly after this they reversed this philosophy and went back to a fully discretionary basis of cover leaving uncertainty for practitioners - not only on the cover but also on the open-ended question of funding for future claims payments made by the scheme.
All Med Pro place risks with all of the main markets for medical malpractice cover and have also established a scheme with an ‘A’ rated insurer - one of the leading specialists in Medical Professional Indemnity - to provide practitioners with contract certain indemnity insurance.
The scheme provides ‘Contract Certainty’ on a ‘Claims Made’ basis which means there is a legally binding insurance contract in force where terms and conditions are set out in print from the outset.
- Standard £5,000,000 Medical Professional Indemnity (Can be increased to £10,000,000)
- Standard £5,000,000 Professional
- Indemnity – for review boards and expert reviews
- 24/7 Medico-legal Helpline
- Nil Excess
- Automatic 20 year run-off cover
- Defence costs – Including GMC/GDC inquiries arising from clinical matters
- Fitness to Practice and Disciplinary representation
- Good Samaritans Act – Worldwide
- Data Protection Cover
- Inquest Cover
- Criminal Prosecution
- Civil Defence
- Libel and Slander
- Choice of your own solicitor where recourse to a solicitor is required
Do you want to save a minimum of 10% on your Medical Professional Indemnity premium?
- Have you worked as a Medical Professional in the UK for 3 or more years?
- Are you Claim Free?